Sorry this didn’t go up sooner guys, but I was exhausted when I got home last night. Anyway, to make up for this being late, I’m giving you all THREE recipes, instead of the two that I promised on Twitter. Because I love you all and to make up for this entry being late. One will go up now and the last two will go up after I get back from work later tonight (sometime after 10PM EST). So, enjoy!
- Home-made pizza dough (no exceptions this time)
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil (about 5 – 10 leaves)
- 1 Large tomato (2 if they’re on the small side)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pizza Pan
- Pizza Cutter
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Wash and slice your tomato(s)
- Stretch out your pizza dough to fit the pan. Brush down with Olive Oil
- Lay out your tomato slices on the newly formed pizza crust and season with salt and pepper
- Lay out your Basil leaves on top
- Cover with fresh Mozzarella slices
- Bake at 450 for 10 – 12 minutes
- Let cool, divide and serve
Now, I know what you’re thinking. This isn’t even one I talked about in my Salute to Pizza post. Well there’s a reason for that. This was one of my personal favorite pizzas, ever. It’s so simple and when you use the freshest ingredients you can get your hands on, it tastes fantastic. Now, I’m all for experimenting and seeing what kinds of toppings you can stack on top, but in the end, it all really boils down to the basics, and you can’t get much more basic than this. It’s simple and perfect in every way and I hope you really enjoy this one.
I’ll see you all later tonight for the big finish!