Hello everyone! I’m back with another recipe. This time, it’s one I thought of on my own and it’s really simple to make, despite the cost of some of the ingredients. I visited Rome, Italy a few years ago and that was my first experience with Pesto. It was so delicious and fresh that I wanted to make it at home. Well it took me a while but I finally did manage to make my very own batch and believe me when I say that it is DELICIOUS and extremely simple to make.
- One pack of Fresh Basil (available at many mega-marts)
- One pack of Pine Nuts (also available at many mega-marts)
- 1.5 Cups of Olive Oil
- Heavy Pinch of Grated Romano Cheese
- 4 – 5 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Small pinch of Oregano or Rosemary
- Half Sheet Pan
- Spread out the Pine Nuts on the sheet pan and toast at 400-degrees until lightly browned. Keep a watchful eye on these guys. They burn easy.
- Add all other ingredients into the blender and then add the Pine Nuts when they’re done.
- Blend the whole thing until smooth.
- Pour over your favorite pasta dish or meat dish and serve!
How simple was that? This dish literally takes no time at all to make and it’s a ready-to-eat sauce that requires almost no cooking! And as I briefly mentioned, pasta isn’t the only thing Pesto can be paired with. It goes really well with meats as well! Enjoy!