This is my all-time favorite muffin recipe. I actually learned this recipe while I was on Externship and it quickly became my favorite item to make. They smell wonderful while they’re baking and they taste just as good. Whether for a party or just for the family, these muffins are most definitely a crowd-pleaser.
Cinnamon Pecan Coffeecake Muffins – Makes 24
- 400g Flour
- 290g Sugar
- 9g Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 160g Butter
- 360g Sour Cream
- 100g Eggs
- 60g Egg Yolks
- 15g Vanilla Extract
- 30g Canola Oil
- 120g Toasted Pecans
- 100g Dark brown Sugar
- 6g Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400-degrees
- Combine the ingredients for the topping in the Food Processor and pulse until the Pecans are chopped small. Set aside.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and combine them with the rest of the Dry Team in the Food Processor until the texture is similar to wet sand. Set aside.
- Combine all the Wet Team ingredients in a large bowl, then mix in the Dry Team ingredients until only just combined. Try not to overmix.
- Fold in 2/3 of the Topping mixture. Leave the rest to top the muffins.
- Spray the muffin cups with a little bit of no-stick spray and then fill them about 2/3 of the way. Don’t over fill them or else they’ll flow everywhere in the oven.
- Bake for 400-degrees for 10 minutes, then drop the temperature to 350-degrees and bake for another 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving