Too tired to go out to a restaurant? Too broke to order out? Don’t worry! This recipe is right up your alley! You don’t even need a Wok! Seriously, I’ve done this recipe with both a Wok and a wide saute pan. Both work out just fine, so don’t worry! So here you go! It’s time for some at-home Asian food!
- 1 Pound of peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 2 Packs of instant ramen noodles
- 1 Spanish Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper (color is up to you)
- 1 – 2 Carrots (depending on their size)
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 2 – 3 Cloves of Garlic (depending on their size)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flake
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Mirin (you can skip this if you can’t get a hold of any)
- 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- A Wok or a large, wide saute pan
- Silicone Spatula
- Pot for boiling the ramen noodles
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Slice up all the vegetables. No dicing here please. The carrots, celery and bell pepper should be in thin, almost matchstick cuts. The onion should be cut in half and then each half sliced thin. The garlic is the only one who should be diced, fine.
- Put your pan/wok on the heat and crank the heat as high as it will go.
- Add the butter to the pan and then add all the veggies, except the garlic. Season with the salt.
- In the mean time, put the ramen into the other pot and boil with salted water until done. Drain and set aside.
- When the veggies become soft, add the shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Add the ramen noodles and all the liquids now.
- Toss and saute for a couple of more minutes until done.
There you have it! Asian-style food, without the delivery charge! Enjoy this one guys!