Yes, you read correctly! Pizza Week Day 5 arrives with one heck of a pizza! Like my Ramen Omelette recipe, this one is a fantastic leftovers magnet. It takes the most basic pizza recipe and turns the dial up to 11. Now, i realize I said in my last entry that sometimes the most simple recipes are the most delicious, but by all means, feel free to experiment. It’s how I came up with this particular recipe, after all. Now, on with the recipe!
- Either home-made or store-bought pizza crust
- 1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, crumbled of shredded
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 – 2 Cups of leftover pasta (sauce and ingredients may vary, but are welcome)
- Pizza Pan
- Pizza Cutter
- Box Grater
- Preheat your oven to 450-degrees
- Spread out the dough on the pizza pan
- Pour out and spread the tomato sauce on the pizza crust
- Add Parmesan Cheese
- Add the leftover pasta
- Cover with the Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes
- Let cool, divide and eat up!
Personally, I’m a huge fan of these recipes that are “Leftover Magnets.” They really save time and help clean out your fridge at the same time! Now, you could very well do this recipe with fresh ingredients. But, in today’s fast-paced society, sometimes, you’re allowed/forced to cut corners. Let this recipe (and my Ramen Omelette recipe) show that cutting corners doesn’t mean cutting out flavor or creativity. It’s like that Food Network show, Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. When you experiment, you can come up with some fantastic recipes.
One more day of Pizza Week left folks! Admittedly, it may be a bit late because I’m going to be at Six Flags Great Adventure with my friends, but I can promise you this, there will be an additional recipe that I didn’t list on my first post of Pizza Week. So stay tuned and check it out!