This recipe is fantastic for clearing out leftovers in the fridge. All the different types of flavor profiles that can be made and combined here are many and varied. This takes a little bit of work, but the end result is well worth it.
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 pack of instant ramen (Maruchan works best)
- 1 Tablespoon of milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Butter and Olive Oil
Now, the rest of the ingredients can be just about anything! Fresh herbs, sauteed veggies, even leftovers from the fridge. The sky’s the limit! I’ll tell you when to add them in later on.
- Spring-Loaded Tongs
- Silicone Spatula
- Pizza Cutter
- 2 Large Bowls
- 1 Medium-sized pot
- Balloon whisk
- Either a non-stick or over-safe pan
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in the pot. When the water boils, salt the water and add the ramen cake. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- In one bowl, combine the eggs, milk, soy sauce, flavor packet from the ramen and the hot sauce. Whisk to combine.
- When the ramen is done, kill the heat and drain the ramen thoroughly.
- Combine ramen with egg mixture. NOW is the time to add any more ingredients you may want to add. Sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, roasted garlic, shredded chicken, diced ham, etc. The sky’s the limit! There’s only two things I’d caution: don’t use more than three ingredients at a time and if you want to add cheese, don’t do so until the end.
- Melt butter and add olive oil in pan with medium-high heat
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook for 7 or 8 minutes, while moving the pan occasionally to prevent sticking.
- If you have an oven proof pan, slide the entire thing into your over set to broil. Cook until the top is browned and slightly crispy. If you don’t have an oven proof pan, take your pizza cutter and divide the mixture into 4 slices and flip over each slice and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! It is well worth the work! It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!