Pizza Week, Day 2! Now, I am well aware that many restaurants and major pizza chains have done their own variation on this recipe, but trust me, it’s so much better if you do this yourself with all homemade ingredients. Trust me, it’s worth the work. We’ll start off with my home-made BBQ sauce, which works great as a dip, sauce or even a glaze on or off the grill.
NJ Chef’s BBQ Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons of Ketchup
- 5 Tablespoons of A1 Steak Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Put everything into a bowl and whisk to combine.
If you want a sweeter sauce, replace the Hot Sauce with Honey. Now, onto the pizza!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- The home-made Pizza Dough we discussed the last time OR one store-bought pizza crust
- 1 1/2 half cups of Grilled Chicken (store-bought works fine too)
- 5 or 6 Strips of Bacon (or Turkey Bacon)
- 2 cups of grated Cheddar Cheese
- The BBQ Sauce we made earlier
- Pizza pan
- Pizza Cutter
- Preheat your oven to 450-degrees
- If you’re using fresh dough, stretch it out until it meets the size of the pizza pan. If you’re using the store-bought crust, just put it there and move on, just like last time.
- Take all the BBQ sauce and spread it out on the dough
- Slice or shred the chicken and add it to the pizza and sauce. Alternatively, you could mix the chicken with the sauce and THEN put the whole thing onto the pizza dough. Either way works well
- Cover the whole thing with the cheddar cheese
- Slide the whole thing into the over and bake for 10 – 12 minutes
- Divide and serve
If you want this pizza to be REALLY hot, add some sliced Jalapenos (keep the seeds and the membrane if you’re REALLY brave).
Well I hope you enjoyed this one! Stay tuned for more pizza goodness tomorrow!